Preparing for Unexpected Rain in South Florida
February typically marks some of the most beautiful weather that South Florida sees all year round. And while we have been lucky to have pleasant days and cool nights, the last few weeks have also brought some unexpected rains. Rainy season in Florida typically runs from May through October, but any true Florida resident will attest to the fact that rains can come and go at any time. As a homeowner, it is important to be aware of quickly the weather can change from beautiful and sunny to dark and stormy.
Keep the following tips in mind to prepare your Florida home for unexpected rain over the next few months:
- Get your roof inspected to ensure there are no concerning areas
- Be sure that all windows and doors are secured and properly closed before leaving the house
- Remove any outdoor equipment that could be susceptible to rusting in rain
- Keep your gutters clear of any debris
- Inspect the interior of your home for any signs of leaks (focus on the walls and ceilings)
- Apply waterproof sealer to any areas of your outdoor patio that may need some extra protection
- Keep your garage door closed
- Check in with the weather channel here and there to be aware of any impending storms
Water damage like flooding and leaks can be a major headache if not handled right away by a professional service. At SERVPRO, we are dedicated to providing 24-hour emergency service for all types of water damage in your home. Contact our water restoration and damage repair technicians today to learn more!