Fire Prevention in Miami
SERVPRO of North Miami reminds you that smoke detectors (smoke alarms) saves lives.
Smoke spreads fast. An alarm gives you time to get out.
SERVPRO of North Miami wants you to remember:
- Closed doors can slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. That is good for reducing smoke damage and fire damage. That is also why you should have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room in the home
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home
- Large homes might need extra smoke alarms
- Some companies make alarms that are interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound
- Do not turn off smoke detectors when cooking
- Test the smoke alarms at least once a month. There is a test button on the alarm
- When the alarm sounds, get everyone outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
SERVPRO of North Miami reminds you to call the fire department once you are outside the home.