SERVPRO is Ready to Help in Surfside
SERVPRO is here for you in Surfside, Florida
1700+ reasons why…
In the beginning, there was a painting business in California and from that SERVPRO was born. There are now currently over 1700 stores from our Atlantic Seaboard to our Pacific Frontier. Over seventeen hundred franchises tell the tale. We have grown phenomenally and are continuing to grow. Your business in Surfside has been the cornerstone of that growth and we recognize that. Because of you, we strive to always put our best foot forward. Whether bagging up hazardous waste or speaking with insurance adjusters, our efforts are and always will be to give you our best.
Over five decades…
Without experience, the best intentions are fruitless. We, here at SERVPRO of North Miami have experience. In fact, we’ve got over five decades of professional cleaning and restoration know how scattered across the country. The staff at our franchises are well trained and professional when performing their duties and/or assessing your situation. If and when you are facing the discomfort of a high stress situation; find us online or call us at 305-895-4880 and we will put those years of experience to work for you
Smoke Detectors can Save Lives in Sunny Isles
Smoke detectors save lives.
SERVPRO of North Miami reminds you that smoke detectors (smoke alarms) can help save lives in Sunny Isles, Florida.
Smoke spreads fast. An alarm gives you time to get out.
SERVPRO of North Miami wants you to remember:
- Closed doors can slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. That is good for reducing smoke damage and fire damage. That is also why you should have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room in the home
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home
- Large homes might need extra smoke alarms
- Some companies make alarms that are interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound
- Do not turn off smoke detectors when cooking
- Test the smoke alarms at least once a month. There is a test button on the alarm
- When the alarm sounds, get everyone outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
If your Sunny Isles home is not properly protected by a smoke detector, please install one. If you experience a fire, immediately vacate the home and then contact your fire department once you are outside the home.
Managing Without Power in Miami
Storm Damage Can Wreak Havoc On Your Miami Home
SERVPRO of North Miami has seen storm damage lead to power outages. This can cause water damage, fire damage, and if not addressed quickly, can also lead to mold damage.
A power outage can:
- Disrupt communication
- Make transportation difficult
- Shut down water pipes
- Close businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, banks, ATMS, other services
- Lead to food spoilage
- Lead to contaminated water
- Disable medical devices
During a power outage in Miami, be sure to:
- Keep freezer & refrigerator doors closed. It will reduce the chance of food spoilage
- User generators only outdoors and away from windows
- Disconnect appliances/electronics. Power surges can destroy equipment
- Have already set up plan to refrigerate medicines
- For people who use power wheelchairs, have a backup battery. You may also need a manual chair
- The local power company should already know that someone in your home relies on medical devices
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home or business
- If travel is safe, go to another location for proper heating or cooling
- Check on your neighbors.
PTSD from Thunderstorms and Lightning in Miami
Thunder and lightning can cause more than storm damage to your home or business.
PTSD and Thunderstorms & Lightning in Miami
Almost 7% of people in the U.S. have suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
People who have PTSD may experience panic during thunderstorms. Thunderstorms and lightning can set off a person’s alarm bells.
SERVPRO of North Miami offers these guides to Coping with PTSD During Storms:
The best strategy is to be prepared.
- Take care of your emotional health. See a therapist. Learn relaxation exercises. When you feel anxious, you can relax yourself
- Know when a thunderstorm is likely. Plan what you will do during a thunderstorm
- Take care of your physical health. Eat a healthy diet. Get enough sleep. Do not rely on alcohol or other drugs. Do not smoke or chew tobacco
During a Thunderstorm in Miami
- Slow down your breathing
- Look around. Notice where you are. Notice that you are in a safe place
- Distract yourself from the storm. Wear headphones and listen to music. Sit in a pop-up tent
- Talk with someone you trust
Water Damage and Flood Insurance in Miami Florida
Water Damage & Insurance in Miami:
Most insurance rates vary by company. Rules for insurance vary by state. Flood insurance is an exception.
Most property insurance does not cover flood damage.
Some homeowners’ policies will cover water damage if the damage comes from:
- sewer or drain backup
- sudden & accidental damage from plumbing, heating systems, or air conditioning
The policy might also cover mold remediation, but not if a flood caused the problem.
How to get flood insurance in Miami:
- Check whether your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). You can still get flood insurance if you live in a low-risk area. The insurance will cost less if you live in a low-risk area.
- Find an insurance agent in Miami. The NFIP is the only flood-insurance provider, but the government does not sell it. Buy the insurance through an insurance agent. The NFIP sets the rates.
- If your insurance agent doesn’t know about the NFIP, call the help center at 1-800-427-4661
Storm Damage and Mold in Surfside
Mold grows out of tiny spores. Spores are tough enough to survive indoors or outdoors in harsh conditions. Spores can survive for years. Scientists have found ancient mold spores that could grow into mold.
Standing water and moisture can lead to mold growing in your home or office. Mold does not need visible water to grow. Humidity inside the business is enough. Small amounts of water vapor can help mold grow.
SERVPRO of North Miami knows that storm or flood damage can allow the mold spores to open up. Any dampness can lead to mold.
SERVPRO of North Miami can remediate mold that grows on:
- Crawl spaces
- Anywhere in your home or business
To treat mold correctly, it is critically important to first stop the source of moisture. SERVPRO of North Miami can clean and repair the damage caused by mold in your home or business. More important, SERVPRO of North Miami has a specialty in mold remediation.
The 1st 24-Hours of Water Damage Is Critical For Your Miami Home or Office
You know and we know that, after a flood sweeps over your property, there isn’t a lot of time to think about who you’ll call or what you’ll do about it. Often, within the first twenty-four hours, processes such as mold growth start happening and it becomes a problem that needs professional attention. You may think that you can handle these issues without the help of specialists; but that usually ends up putting off the inevitable—a phone call for help. When the timer starts on a catastrophe, these post disaster hours tick away quickly and, the next thing you know, the problems that could have been easily addressed have now become bigger issues that require your outside help to work that much harder. Before it gets that far, call SERVPRO of North Miami, and let us put our hi-tech equipment and knowledgeable personnel to work for you.
What To Do During a Miami Home Fire
Follow These Tips To Protect Your Miami Home
Fear can immobilize anyone—especially when they are unprepared for emergencies. When this happens, bad situations can become even worse. A fire can get out of control quickly; so time is of the essence. With that in mind, the best way to deal with this type of emergency is to be prepared in advance. Here are a few tips from the American Red Cross that could possibly save lives and money:
- Install fire alarms on every floor, inside and outside every room.
- Test smoke alarms once a year and change batteries when necessary.
- Create an escape plan with other occupants and test every six months.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT, AND CALL FOR HELP. DO NOT go back inside for any reason.
We at SERVPRO of North Miami want you to remember that fire is dangerous and can even be deadly. But, like anything else in life, if you are prepared and vigilant, there is nothing you need to fear.
Don't Let Storm Damage Catch You Off Guard in Bal Harbour
Flood waters can wreak havoc on your Bal Harbour Home
Sometimes what you don’t know can hurt you. Too often, after a storm has damaged our property, what we see initially doesn’t tell the whole story. From hidden foundation compromises to the beginning stages of mold growth under a tub, costs can mount quickly and, before you know it, you’re in the middle of a spending spree that isn’t recreational. When the waters go down, and the damage becomes visible, often we are overwhelmed with the stresses associated with insurance claims and subcontractor costs and errors. It doesn’t take a psychic to see that you need relief. If or when this happens to you and/or yours, call SERVPRO of North Miami and, in a short amount of time, a crew of professional cleanup and restoration personnel will quickly assess the damage and start the process of making your disaster look “Like it never even happened."
Mold Remediation And The EPA In Miami
Does Your North Miami Beach Home Have Mold?
SERVPRO of North Miami wants to help educate our community about: Mold in Drywall
Even a tiny bit of moisture can lead to mold growing in drywall.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ruled that only licensed professionals can clean any surface that has more than 10 square feet of mold. The EPA cannot know how you take care of your home or business, but you will need an inspection if you want to sell. You might not see all of the mold. The sooner you get rid of mold, the less damage it can cause.
SERVPRO of North Miami is licensed in mold remediation.
Mold remediation means getting rid of the mold spores that become mold as well as fixing the root cause of the dampness.
- can start growing on a damp surface within 24 hours
- can destroy the materials they grow on
- can spread and destroy adjacent materials
- grows from tiny spores that travel through the air
SERVPRO of North Miami can:
- remove drywall
- work with local mold inspectors
- disinfect certain surfaces
- find the source of moisture
- stop the moisture problem